And now a message from Gene Deitch:
A new 2013 (cheaper) edition of the 2003 (expensive) book of my 1940s jazztoons is coming out in a more reasonably priced (and neatly printed) edition by Fantagraphics, who are determined to get you to buy it.
Not only is this new edition cheaper, but is e – x – p – a – n – d – e – d with lots of rediscovered drawings, previously seen only by moldy old souls who played those black, breakable 10 inch 78RPM phonograph records, which required steel needles to follow wiggly shellac grooves, producing a hissing and clicking sound which nearly drowned out the weird music that was gestated in 19th century New Orleans whorehouses! *
Right now, Fantagraphics.com is offering you a chance to pre-order!
Here's your chance to make four people happy:
1. Gary Groth, the publisher of Fantagraphics Books.
2. Me, the aged retro hand-drawer of all the pictures.
3. You, the eager collector of the obscure… and
4. One or More Moochers, who will beg you to lend your copy to them!
(Get it directly from Fantagraphics, at no discernable discount.)
* “The CAT On a Hot Thin Groove” title thought up but my smart-ass son, Kim