Position: Personal Administrative Assistant Company: Fantagraphics Books INC.
Full-time, 5-day/40-hour week
Salary range: $38,000-$45,000
Medical benefits, 401(k) with employer match
MUST BE Seattle-based, hybrid work schedule and hours within the office are flexible, but required.
Fantagraphics Books Inc., an established independent comics publishing house, is seeking a dedicated and organized Personal Administrative Assistant to provide executive support to our President. If you’re looking for a unique opportunity in the publishing industry and possess exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and a passion for creative work, we invite you to apply.
As the Personal Administrative Assistant, you’ll play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth operation of day-to-day activities for our President. Your responsibilities will encompass various administrative tasks and creative support, contributing to the overall success of our dynamic publishing house.
- Mastery of spoken and written English is essential
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, Google Workspace, and Mac OS
- Comfortable with extended computer screen use
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and Keynote is a plus
- Previous assistant experience is advantageous
- Impeccable organizational abilities and acute attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, adhere to deadlines, and handle diverse assignments
- Adaptability in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Quick decision-making skills with limited information
- Effective internal and external communication aligned with our company values
- Writing and editing background is advantageous
- Provide comprehensive administrative, technical, and creative support to the President
- Manage the President’s meeting calendar
- Coordinate travel arrangements and reservations for work trips and industry events
- Organize incoming and outgoing contracts
- Write back cover and catalog copy for upcoming books
- Collaborate with authors, agents, and colleagues
- Maintain a relevant comp list of books for cartoonists and agents
- Safeguard confidential and sensitive information
- Develop PowerPoint presentations and Word documents
- Proofread drafts of edited books
- Conduct historical research for upcoming projects
- Maintain an efficient filing system for quick document retrieval
- Assist with projects around the office as needed
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Administrative Assistant.” No phone calls please!
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Fantagraphics Books Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, age, color, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic status, marital status, parental status, or any other characteristic. Join our diverse team and be part of a thriving creative community.
About The Company:
For close to 50 years, Fantagraphics has published the very best comics and graphic novels that the medium has to offer. Our mission is to celebrate great cartooning in all its incarnations, from the form’s early luminaries to contemporary artists currently forging the future of visual storytelling. Not content to rest on our laurels and extensive roster of talented artists, we constantly seek out fresh voices from across the globe. Thus, we honor the rich history of comics while providing a platform for bold new stories, styles, and perspectives that push the boundaries of the medium. Fantagraphics remains peerless in our commitment to be the publisher of the world’s greatest cartoonists.