As we mentioned back in February, Fantagraphics has not one, but two, books nominated in the Graphic Novel/Comics category of the 34th annual Los Angeles Times Book Prizes!
- Ulli Lust, Today is the Last Day of the Rest of Your Life (Fantagraphics)
- Anders Nilsen, The End (Fantagraphics)
- David B., Incidents in the Night: Vol. 1 (Uncivilized Books)
- Ben Katchor, Hand-Drying in America: And Other Stories (Pantheon)
- Joe Sacco, The Great War: July 1, 1916: The First Day of the Battle of the Somme (W. W. Norton & Co.)
This Friday, April 11th, the winner will be awarded in a sold out event. Is it corny to say they're already winners to us? 'Cause it's true!
Depending on how things go, you can stop by the Festival of Books on Saturday, April 12th to either congratulate or console Anders Nilsen, who will be in town to participate in the panel "Illustrating the Point: The Art of the Graphic Novel" at noon, alongside fellow artists Mimi Pond, Ben Katchor and Vanessa Davis. The panel will be held in the Seeley G. Mudd. Auditorium, Room 123.
The Los Angeles Times Festival of Books will be held at the University of Southern California campus, with the award ceremony to be held in the Bovard Auditorium [ 3551 Trousdale Parkway ]. Admission is FREE, and the festival is open to the public.